Edil's Reviews > Mieradome

Mieradome by Kate O'Hegarty

Feb 02, 11

Read from January 22 to 30, 2011

Originally Posted on The Book Fancier

Mieradome is a magical place where faeries live. The book is full of interesting personalities, faeries and other fascinating creatures. Amavia has to go to Mieradome to find out her mother's secret and her true identity.

At the start of the novel, it already intrigued me. What was this strange place called Mieradome and this raven who kept on talking about Amavia's death. The wonderful land of Mieradome was already introduced in the first few chapters. I had so many questions in my mind that I just continued reading and didn't notice that I already read a lot. There were many events in the story that may intreset you. What really interest me though are the unique names the author used such as Caiden, Aselin, Thewlis, Inocian, Garin, Amavia and many more. Although the names are pretty and unique, I had a hard time remembering the other names. Almost all characters, even the unimportant ones, have full names which made it more difficult.

I liked the story line and the word building. I also find the cover pretty and simple. I like books about faeries because they fascinate me. The author was able to create her unique version of faeries and interesting characters. However, the character building was not that impressive but just needed more development for the story.

Although this was not a perfect book, the author managed to showcase her talent on storytelling and world building.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mieradome.

Joselito Honestly and Brilliantly which facinates you, books about faeries or the faeries themselves?

Edil The books! :) There are lots of books about faeries nowadays but they have their own story and uniqueness. Well I guess I can say the faeries fascinate me as well!

Kate O'Hegarty Thanks Edil for the honest review! Being the author of this book I greatly appreciate the constructive criticism. I am deeply thankful for you taking the time out of your busy schedule to read it.

Take care & good luck to you in all your endeavors & if there is anything I can do to help you out, don't hesitate to send me an email.