Cindi's Reviews > Hard Bitten

Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill

1940550
Aug 02, 11

Read in August, 2011

Whoa! OMG. I did not see that one coming, not at all. This is like the KMM Fever cliffhanger. Why did this happen?

As usual, Ms. Neill writes the most absorbing, tightly paced books in her Chicagoland Vamps series. I have been impressed since the first one and none have disappointed me since. But crap, now I have to wait until what, November to find out how Merit will cope?

In Hard Bitten, Merit (the Sentinel of Cadagon House, her vampiric affiliation) is forced to determine who is selling "V" to the vampires of Chicago and what is going on at the blood raves the mayor is so upset about. Her posse this time includes most all of her acquaintences up til now; she has a great team and is getting along better now with her ex-lover, Ethan Sullivan, Master of CH and her sire. In the previous book they got together but split, and Merit is distrustful than Ethan has really changed his attitude. She's protecting her heart, but her heart wants what it wants - and that is Ethan.

Not much else I can say or I'll give it all away, but if you haven't started reading this incredible series, start soon. If you are up to date ... Whoa! I can't believe the ending of this book!!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Bitten.