Nikki Brandyberry's Reviews > Beg Me

Beg Me by Shiloh Walker

Jan 18, 11

Read in January, 2011

Tania is tired of living in fear. Tired of being a shell of herself after getting raped by a family member. It’s time to reclaim her life. Asking her best friend Drake to help her overcome her fear of the attack and find her love of sexual role-playing seems like an easy request. Something she would only trust him with.

Drake doesn’t even think twice about saying yes to the woman he’s been in love with for years. He’d do anything to take away her pain. If she needs him to be a sex toy to overcome her obstacles, he will surely do it. Saying is a lot easier than doing though, and his heart contracts at their first encounter. Drake has a problem now, he’s falling more in love with every look, every touch and quickly getting in over his head.

When the past rears its ugly head and the truth of that fateful night is shoved into the sun. The depth of betrayal will shake Tania to her core. Its fight or flight…Tania has to choose. Regain her sexual independence or forever lock her heart away.

Beg Me was a short novel that I won’t soon forget. It was powerful, emotional and kept me interacted. This is NOT a read for someone who doesn’t like role-playing, rape fantasies, aspects of dominance or the interaction of them all combined.

The idea of a rape fantasy honestly intrigued me. I’m no prude, I know all about fetishes and fantasies and the trust you need to have in your partner if you attempt to engage in anything like that. Complete and total trust. I think it has more to do with the dominance and submission then it does with actual rape. The idea of being “forced”, but not really because you’re with your partner, plays on the whole strength aspect. The age-old push and pull of power.

Shiloh navigated the waters of this touchy subject wonderfully in my mind. She wrote with complete conviction and made me feel as if I could get inside Tania’s head. Understand her sexual needs to feel safe but restrained. Drakes character made me sigh over and over again. Where are these men? Seriously…where? He was totally attuned to her every emotion, whim and need. Even when things got too much for him he did what she needed him to in order to get over her attack. The sex scenes were beautifully written with explicit detail and left me with my mouth hanging open in appreciation.

Tania’s mother-in-law was a creepy addition to the storyline. She had some serious mental issues herself I think. I was kind of surprised that her struggle was wrapped up so nice and neat at the end. I thought for sure Shiloh was going to take it further then she did. The solution felt a bit too neat for me in that regard.

In the end the book was more about letting go then any fantasy contained on its pages. Learning to find yourself, find that light and attack it…claim it….and get yourself back in the process.

I give Beg Me by Shiloh Walker 4.50 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beg Me.