Carol's Reviews > Green Darkness

Green Darkness by Anya Seton

Jan 15, 2011

bookshelves: lifetime-favorites

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Green Darkness.

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin When did you read this? I read it waaay over 35 years ago and keep thinking I need to read it again to see if it's as good as I remember.

Carol Same here! I must have read this in high school and remember loving it so much. I actually have a copy of it and keep meaning to do the re-read. I think I'm afraid it won't be as good now that I'm older and jaded. I decided I needed to have some new shelves on my account so am adding a few books that have stayed with me over time!

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin Carol wrote: "Same here! I must have read this in high school and remember loving it so much. I actually have a copy of it and keep meaning to do the re-read. I think I'm afraid it won't be as good now that I'm ..."

I also have a new edition to reread but have recently recommended to many patrons who have loved it.

Carol One of my co-workers loved Seton's Katherine! I always recommend that one too. Good to hear that your patons loved it...seems it has stood the test of time. Would you recommend this to Gabaldon fans?

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin I also loved Katherine but it's also been a long time since I've read it. And yes, I do recommend GD to fans of Gabaldon, along with LADY OF HAY by Barbara Erskine, which has recently been republished.

Carol I'll keep Lady of Hay in mind for those Gabaldon fans.