Cecily's Reviews > Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Jan 18, 2011

Read from January 15 to 18, 2011

Oh. my. goodness. Mesmerizing. Three chapters in and I'm absolutely hooked. Actually, I was hooked by the end of the preface. I started listening to this during my work out today, and the first hour (of this 14-hour audio book!) just FLEW by. Getting to listen to this story will be my "reward" every day for going to the gym and lifting weights.

UPDATE:

Nope, couldn't wait until my next weight training day to listen to this book. Suffice it to say, NOTHING got done this weekend, because I could not stop reading (well, listening to) this book.

Really, there is nothing I could possibly say about this phenomenal book that hasn't already been said. Just... read it. Yes, it's length appears daunting, but one chapter in, and you won't even be thinking about that anymore.

17 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbroken.

01/15/2011

Zelda I really cannot wait to hear how you like it as you read/listen along. I also "read" the audio version but I think I will also read it later.