Carrie's Reviews > In Too Deep

In Too Deep by Jayne Ann Krentz

Jan 20, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-elements, mystery, suspense, contemporary, read-2011, pi-security-service
Read from January 18 to 19, 2011

3.5*

I didn't know whether to round up or down with this one. I know my ratings have gotten more lenient in the past year so I thought about it and decided, based on my earlier criteria for a 3 star read, this is closer to that than a four star. 3 star = average, enjoyable, worth the time, but nothing to make it unique. That fits this book fairly well.

I enjoyed the characters, the plot, and the set-up for the next book(s). I thought the mystery and the characters in this book were interesting, although somewhat underdeveloped. While the relationship stays somewhat in the background, I appreciate that I don't have to read about over-reactive body parts every time the two protagonists are in the same room together. Having to stop the dialog or action for H/h to think about how their private parts are tingling/throbbing/etc., gets old. Some times I like my characters to be grown-ups and control their "parts." Krentz's characters do, more or less.

Overall, I was pleased with the book and plan to keep reading the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Too Deep.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jacqueline How are you liking this? I'm loving it. Better than some of the Arcane stuff lately.

Carrie So far, so good. I'm enjoying the story quite a bit. If it continues on in this way, it'll be a keeper.