Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance's Reviews > Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Are you like me? Do you ever read a book that is so amazing that all you want to do is tell people to go read this book?

I'm not just talking about telling other big readers like me and you. I'm talking about telling everybody. My brother who loves WWII. My eighty-four year old dad who never reads books. My friend who reads mainly mysteries. My checker at Kroger. Everybody.

When I woke up this morning, I felt so happy: I had finished Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand yesterday and I had loved it. I wanted to write a Sunday Salon post about Unbroken, a post so brilliantly written that everyone who read my post would zip out and buy the book and read it today.

I tried writing down my favorite parts of this amazing book and I tried writing lines and lines of enthusiastic prose about this amazing book and I tried writing entreaties to go buy this amazing book because it's, yes, amazing....but nothing seemed right.

Finally, I came across this fifty page excerpt of Unbroken and I realized that I could simply post part of the book and let you read the book for yourself and decide for yourself. In fact, I'll go further....I challenge you to simply read the two page preface of the book (pages 18 and 19) and see if this book works for you.

I'd love to hear what you think.

4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbroken.

Elizabeth I gave already ordered it from borders!

Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance Let me know what you think!

Elizabeth i will. i am anxiously awaiting it now!

message 4: by Marcia (new)

Marcia I'm eagerly awaiting the email from my library asking me to come pick my reserve copy. An overnight talk show in Boston (WBZ 1030AM) last night had their Winter 2011 book show, and the host (Jordan Rich) raved about Unbroken!

Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance Something about this book leads us to rave about it.

Glenda Ricord I am just now reading this book. I'm about 60% done with it and it is the most amazing book I've read in a while. Like you, I will shout to the rooftops how good this book is. I even downloaded her first book, Seabiscuit. I can't imagine that she would write anything bad.

Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance I think you will like Seabiscuit, too.

Elizabeth I loved both books by hillenbrand.

Anna Debbie, I am reading it now for my book club which meets 2-18-13. I am hooked and will have no problem finishing.

Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance One of the most amazing true stories I have ever read. I'm glad you are enjoying it, too.

Kathryn I'm reading it now and loving it!

Siobhan I lived on Kwajalein for over three years and Lou Zamperini finally visited modern Kwajalein during that time. His story is amazing and he was a fantastic storyteller of his own amazing life history.