Crystal Marcos's Reviews > Pancakes for Breakfast

Pancakes for Breakfast by Tomie dePaola

Jan 14, 11

Recommended for: wordless book lovers, pancake fans

This book holds a bit of nostalgia for me. I remember reading it when I was a child. Many of my favorite books featured food. You can tell by the name this one definitely has something to do with food. I was so excited to read this wordless picture book to my little girl. I am happy to report it is a hit with her too.

The story is charmingly simple and the illustrations are adorably humorous. I think Tomie dePaola really knows what children like to see.

Pancakes for Breakfast follows a woman who wakes up one chilly morning along with her dog and cat and craves pancakes for breakfast. I enjoyed watching her make old fashion pancakes straight from the farm. It is a good reminder that not everything comes out of a box. It is great to see the woman's determination in getting those pancakes in her belly and she has funny mishaps along the way. A cute added touch is her dog and cat are always nearby. You will have to read this one yourself to see if she gets those luscious pancakes for breakfast. After reading you will surely want some too!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pancakes for Breakfast.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kathryn This sounds so cute! Thanks for the recommendation and I'm very glad Kaylee shares your enthusiasm for it!

Crystal Marcos It is cute. I hope you enjoy it. =)

Kathryn This was very cute! I'm glad I read it :-)

Crystal Marcos Kathryn wrote: "This was very cute! I'm glad I read it :-)"
Good I am glad you enjoyed it!