Jo (My House of Books)'s Reviews > Polished Off

Polished Off by Lila Dare

Feb 08, 11

Read from January 14 to 21, 2011

Grace Terhune has stepped in it again, and by "it," I mean murder. Or perhaps she just has an aura that attracts dead bodies. I don't exactly know, but whatever it is, it makes Polished Off a quick and entertaining read.

Ms. Dare has the ability to add a little bit of everything to this mystery: twists and turns, romance, suspense, as well as the commonality of Grace and the citizens of St. Elizabeth, Georgia. This could be your town, your neighbors. Then again, if the bodies began piling up in my town, I'd be inclined to move. Grace, however, never thinks in those terms. She wants to help Stella -- as she wanted to clear her mother's name in Tressed to Kill -- so she immediately goes to work. And let me say that dead bodies do not impact Grace's ability to do good hair or be an amateur sleuth.

Polished Off picks up immediately where Tressed to Kill ends, and Ms. Dare delivers another jam-packed ride. I cannot wait to see what will happen to Grace next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Polished Off.

01/18/2011 page 32
01/19/2011 page 52
17.0% "Marshall, er, GBI Special Agent Dillon on the scene!"
01/19/2011 page 90
30.0% "I tell her about finding a body and she zeroes in on the handsome detective? That's a best friend for you."