Amanda's Reviews > Mini Shopaholic

Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

F 50x66
Jan 14, 11

Read in November, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I enjoyed reading this book! It was much better than the Shopaholic & Sister one.

The book introduces Becky's daughter: Minnie, her feisty yet spoiled two-year old who has the joys of screaming "MINEE!" on anything she gets her hands on. She's a bit annoying sometimes, but she's only a toddler.

PLOT:
A financial crisis hits and affects everyone - which puts her Dad's aphorisms to good use: C.B. or M.M.M, which is a complete nightmare for Rebecca. She plans a birthday party for Luke during these tough times, and hopes that it will be tremendous.

OPINION:
It was quite funny. What did concern me is that we reached the sixth book... and Rebecca still keeps lying! It bugs me that she's still not grown out of her young twenty-something year old self, because shes now thirty. Her Shop In Private idea was really good though.

She should really get into the habit to create less lies (aka with the nanny - because it made her situation MUCH worse). I really do hope that Rebecca does grow up and realise she can't always get what she wants. She wanted to give Luke an unimaginable and unrealistic party, during such a tough time. It was too extreme for her as she's a bit of a dumb blonde.

Although I didn't like the fact how she pushed vulnerable Bonnie to get Luke to agree with whatever she wanted. There are some boundaries...

I felt sorry for Elinor, because her meetings with Minnie were not to be revealed. It was sad for her, and we were shown a softer side from her.

I was hoping Rebecca would get a bit of help for her shopping addiction to tone down the fact that she bought designer clothing for her growing two-year old. But besides that, I LOVED THE BOOK.

Can't wait for the next book in Hollywood!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mini Shopaholic.