Elizabeth Wallace's Reviews > MYTH-Interpretations: The Worlds of Robert Asprin

1142024
Jan 14, 11

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in January, 2011

Keep in mind that I was a HUGE Robert Asprin fan back in the day, I ADORED the Myth Adventures series, particularly the graphic novels illustrated by Phil Foglio. Classic! Hysterical! And when I found out the other day that Asprin actually passed away almost THREE YEARS AGO (where the heck have *I* been) I was heartbroken. Belated goodbye Rob, thanks for all the laughs.

So, you'll know it's with the utmost respect that I recommend against reading this book, unless of course you're doing what I was doing, which was read the last Asprin stories that will ever be written (horrible to think that, it's such a loss.)

In the introduction it even says that Asprin preferred to write novels as opposed to short stories. And it kind of shows in this collection. I know for a fact that he was an amazing writer, but these stories come off a little flat. A little too much "telling instead of showing." Exposition's a little awkward. I just think if you want a taste of some classic Robert Asprin fiction, you should find the original Myth Adventures books and read them instead, it'll give you a much better idea of how amazing he was. (And if you can find the Foglio graphic novels, so much the better. I was CRYING laughing the first time I read them, they're still up there in my top-ten favorite fantasy books, wonderful wonderful stuff.)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read MYTH-Interpretations.