Jessica's Reviews > Dealing with Dragons

Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede

Jan 14, 11

bookshelves: ya-lit

This is the first book in a delightful series that I haven't read for over 8 years, but that I read several times when I first discovered them. Princess Cimorene, the main character, is feisty, independent, clever, unique, and strong. She takes her life and future into her own hands, determined not to live the life of a typical, empty-headed, silly princess. She leaves home and intentionally becomes servant/princess of the dragon Kazul (no capture and no rescue necessary.) Between making dragon-sized servings of cherries jubilee, organizing the treasure room, and deterring pesky and persistent would-be rescuers, Cimorene has her hands full. This book and the rest of the series are entertaining, original, fun, and grab you and immerse you into an amazing new world. It's like all of the cool concepts of fantasy and fairy-tale worlds combined with refreshingly witty and interesting characters, plot, and twists. I would recommend this book to younger teens, maybe grades 5-10. They would be great for reluctant readers, to get them interested in the places books can take a person.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dealing with Dragons.