Don Robertson's Reviews > Autobiography, Vol. 1

Autobiography, Vol. 1 by Mark Twain

Jan 14, 11

Read in January, 2011

I have read virtually everything published by Mark Twain. I recommend that everyone do so. The Great Man is still the Great Philosopher.

I live two doors from my library, -The Frost Memorial Library- in Limestone, Maine -in Aroostook County.

My librarian told me she had ordered this work, the Autobiography of Mark Twain, Volume 1 -by Harriet Elinor Smith.

I was thrilled, something new to read from Twain!

The book is in, and I have it before me, published by the University of California Press, with grants from the Koret Foundation and the National Endowment for the Humanities.

The University of California's -Mark Twain Project- is an utter failure, done in by greed and carelessness in the truest sense of the words.

These people who put this book together are shameless scoundrels, swindlers and con-men.

They should be put on trial for fraud and for taking all that non-profit money for no good whatsoever.

The print font in this book is far less than half and likely less than a third the visual size of the font used by Mark Twain in his "authorized" editions.

HE WOULD NOT APPROVE.

Does the University of California Press really expect anyone to read this book, squinting until they go blind for all their effort to make-do because of the carelessness and thievery of others?

This is shameless idiocy.

This is bureaucracy gone utterly insane.

This is why America today is so much worse than the America -Mark Twain railed against.

Go to Hades you academic SOB's.

Don Robertson, Director
Limestone, Maine

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Autobiography, Vol. 1.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chipper (new)

Chipper In the book, you will recall, Mark Twain presents the idea that an autobiography is whatever happens to be on an author's mind at a given time. Also, do you really expect the font size to be larger. If it was as large as you said it should be, it would be double the current size.