~Tina~'s Reviews > The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Nov 02, 11

bookshelves: cover-crazz, own, whodunit, young-adult, favorites, read-2011
Read from November 01 to 02, 2011

This was such a terrific book!

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer as it all. Mystery and intrigue, a swoon worthy romance and interesting characters. Not to mention the writing is just awesome.

I loved all the characters in this one. Noah and Jamie, Mara, Daniel, Joesph and even their parent. I think my favorite two were Daniel and Noah though. Daniel is an amazing big brother and I loved some of his zingers. Noah is just made of yum!! Smooth, charming, complicated and says the most irresistible things. I loved him. He is mine! Mara is just a walking mess and I wasn't sure what was real and what was her imagination. It was a lot of fun trying to keep up with her though. I might not understand the why's of her and Noah's abilities but it's absolutely fascinating and pretty dame freaky.

I really enjoyed this plot! It was parts thriller, part romance and everything in between. It had some really creepy scenes and I had to really guess a lot of what was going on, it wasn't overly confusing mind you but I'd be lying if I said I caught it all.
Michelle Hodkin has some 'splainin' to do in the next books, so I'm so glad we're getting more... hopefully two more:)
The romance was prefect. Evenly paced and gradual. The getting to know each other and learning to trust was the fun part, I really loved those moments. It had me begging for more.

In a nutshell, I just loved this book. It's fun and mysterious and original, plus it has some of thee greatest dialog to go with great zesty characters.
I'm so looking forward to more from Hodkin!

An amazing debut!

Next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.

11/01/2011 page 80
18.0% "Really enjoying this!!" 5 comments
11/01/2011 page 175
39.0% "So, Noah's mine. Yes?" 2 comments
11/02/2011 page 452
100.0% "Review coming..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan F I wanna read this, but I want to see opinions on it first. So you guys are my guinea pigs.

~Tina~ LOL! It wont be out for awhile, I'm hoping to see some reviews on it as well.

message 3: by Nic (new) - added it

Nic Pretty cover I won't be able to resist!

Lacey Just finished this book; loved every minute of it!! But of course that's my own opinion but I definately think its worth a try! Noah is absolutely a charmer yet complicated character :)

~Tina~ I haven't had the chance to pick it up yet. I just got Daughter of Smoke and Bone though. Glad to hear you enjoyed it:)

message 6: by Alexa (last edited Nov 03, 2011 02:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alexa Walking mess! LMAO! That's true. :D I'm really glad you enjoyed this book (and Noah), Tina. Really nice review!

Have you seen the book trailer?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_XXgY...
DAMN. It's probably the best book trailer I've seen!

Crystal I love your review =) I am glad that you liked this one!

message 8: by ~Tina~ (last edited Nov 03, 2011 03:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

~Tina~ Dame Alexa!! That trailer is awesome!!

Thanks Crystal! I had a blast with this one. I almost hate myself for not going on tour when I had the chance >.<

Crystal LOL I am just glad you got to read it =)

~Tina~ =D Me too. This way I get to swoon over Noah any time me wants:) Muahah!

Crystal That's the way to think! XD