Amber Stokes's Reviews > Stars Collide

Stars Collide by Janice  Thompson

Jan 14, 2011

Read from January 29 to February 05, 2011

What a fun and crazy ride! Stars Collide has a sweet romance and a great supporting cast. I loved the names of the chapters and the constant references to famous movie quotes. For a great excursion into a place where "happily ever after" is more than just "The End," this book is the ticket!

All of the characters are wonderful, and I think that a lot of the secondary characters, like Kat's grandmother and the child star with more to her than meets the eye, stole the spotlight frequently. I confess that it was hard to believe that there were so many Christians working on the same set of such a popular show (that was family-friendly and clean). Of course, I really don't know how many honest-to-goodness Christians work in Hollywood in real life, so perhaps it really isn't all that unbelievable. But either way, it made for a sweet story with lots of encouragement to trust God and have hope for the future.

And if you're looking for a book with a happy ending wrapped up with a shiny pink bow, Stars Collide is it! Although the conclusion did seem a little too nice and neat for real life, so to speak, all of the happiness fit somehow. I really enjoyed it! Stars Collide is sure to lift your spirits, complete with a "special feature" at the end that will put a smile on your face.

*With thanks to Revell Publishing for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.*

“Available January 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stars Collide.

02/04/2011 page 95
show 3 hidden updates…

Casey Did you get your copy yet?? I hope to get mine today!! Puhlease let it be today! I'm hopeless I know. ;)

Amber Stokes No, I haven't received my copy. ;) I'm going back to school tomorrow, and it's supposed to be sent there, so we'll see if it's there on Monday! :) Hope you get your copy soon!

Casey Me too! I just finished re-reading the first Bella book and need another Janice book. :)

Amber Stokes I guess your copy didn't come today? :( Maybe on Monday! I've got so much to read right now that I don't mind a little wait. ;)

Casey No. :( But I did get A Billion Reasons Why, which I will probably start tonight or tomorrow. I have plenty to read at the moment I just really want to start this one. Maybe tomorrow. :)

Amber Stokes Hope you enjoy A Billion Reasons Why, and I hope you get to read Stars Collide soon. ;) It looks good!