Zarina's Reviews > The Book of Tomorrow

The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern

Jan 15, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own, chick-lit, review-books
Read from January 14 to 15, 2011

Unfamiliar with Cecelia Aherns's other novels I wasn't sure what to expect when I got send The Book of Tomorrow for review. The blurb on the back cover certainly sounded fascinating but unfortunately the first few chapters felt pretentious and couldn't get the story going. However I'd strongly urge you to not let that put you off, because it picks up after the third chapter aptly titled "The Beginning Began" (why the author chose against starting the book there I'm not quite sure) and what follows is quite frankly fantastic.

Every family has its secrets and that is certainly the case for that of main character Tamara. After the death of her father she is stuck in a remote house far away from Dublin where she grew up. Tamara starts getting restless and during her explorations of the house and its grounds perhaps finds more than she bargained for. I prefer not to go into detail as I don't want to give anything of the story away, but let's just say you can expect a possibly hunted castle, unforeseen revelations and a touch of magic - which makes The Book of Tomorrow seem just that little bit more enchanting.

It's a truly wonderful read making me want to seek out Cecelia Ahern's other novels!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Tomorrow.