Mojca's Reviews > Shadowfever

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

Verdict after 5th book: I'm speechless. It all came seamlessly together in the end. Everything worked, almost everything was answered (as far as was possible to be answered), we got the epic love story (most important in this series, because I love Barrons!), I didn't feel cheated with the truth about Barrons and Mac...It all just worked. Plain and simple.

I also couldn't resist acquiring this as an audiobook. Phil Gigante's is absolutely perfect for Barrons. Dark, deep, edgy, gravelly...Perfectly Barrons-esque. ;)

It all worked.

...series review
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowfever.

Quotes Mojca Liked

Karen Marie Moning
“When you know who I am. Let me be your man.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Some things are sacred. Until you act like they're not. Then you lose them”

Karen Marie Moning
“Try a rocket launcher. Think maybe you could manage to hit me with that?”

Karen Marie Moning
“And here we go. She's bristling and my hackles go up. Bloody hell, I feel fangs coming on. Tell you what, Ms. Lane," Barrons said softly, "Anytime you want to have a conversation with me, leave the myriad issues you have with wanting to fuck me every time you look at me outside my cave, come on in, and see what you find. You might like it.”

Karen Marie Moning
“A little blood never bothers me.”

Karen Marie Moning
“We will K‘Vruck the world.”

Karen Marie Moning
“They'll try to kill you."
"Good thing I'm hard to kill." Only one thing concerned me. "Will you?"
"Never. I'm the one who will always watch over you. Always be there to fuck you back to your senses when you need it, the one who will never let you die.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Kids. Pain in the ass. Don't know why I ever made them. Hell on relationships.”

Karen Marie Moning
“V'lane: Are you busy tomorrow MacKayla ?
Barrons: She's working on old texts with me.
V'lane: Ah. Old texts. A banner day at the bookstore.
Barrons: We're translating Kama Sutra...with interactive aids.”

Karen Marie Moning
“We have to save the world," I reminded him.
He reached for me. "The world can wait. I can't.”

Karen Marie Moning
You may be trying to claim the woman, his eyes said, but make no mistake, she and the fucking fireplace are mine.
tags: jzb

Karen Marie Moning
“Some people wouldn't see a traitor when they looked at me. Some people would see a survivor. Call me anything you like—I sleep fine at night. But you will look at me when you say it. Or I'll get so far in your face you'll be seeing me with your eyes closed. You'll be seeing me in your nightmares. I'll scorch myself on the backs of your eyelids. Get off my back and stay off it. I'm not the woman I used to be. If you want a war with me, you'll get one. Just try me. Give me an excuse to go play in that dark place inside my head.”
tags: mac

Karen Marie Moning
Keep hoping to see the light in her eyes. Even knowing it'll mean she's saying good-bye.

Karen Marie Moning
“That's it. Fate is a fickle whore. We're not going. Take your clothes off and get back in my bed.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Who says we need the walls back up? You're roaches, we're Raid. We'll get rid of you eventually.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I close my eyes and ride the mindless bliss. It's all I can do. Be. Feel. Live.
I'm Pri-ya again.
I always will be with this man.”
tags: mac

Karen Marie Moning
“You're Mac," he says. "And I'm Jericho. And nothing else matters. Never will. You exsist in a place that is beyond all rules for me. Do you understand that?"
"I do.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Jericho Barrons just told me he loves me.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Who's driving this motorcycle and who's in the bloody sidecar? I don't ride in the sidecar. I don't even own a pussy bike with a sidecar.”

Karen Marie Moning
“The moment I laid eyes on you, I knew you were trouble."
"Ditto."
"I wanted to drag you between the shelves, fuck you senseless, and send you home."
"If you'd done that, I never would have left."
"You're still here anyway."
"You don't have to sound so sour about it."
"You're upsetting my entire existence."
"Fine, I'll leave."
"Try and I'll chain you up.”

Karen Marie Moning
“We're translating the Kama Sutra," Barrons said, with interactive aids.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Are we, like, having a conversation?"
"Did you just, like, ask me for advice and listen with an open mind? If so, then yes, I would call this a conversation”

Karen Marie Moning
“The four Keltar Druids brought their wives and children. They breed like it's their personal mission to populate their country in case somebody attacks again, as if anybody wants the bloody place.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Dying is overrated. Human sentimentality has twisted it into the ultimate act of love. Biggest load of bullshit in the world. Dying for someone isn't the hard thing. The man that dies escapes. Plain and simple. Game over. End of pain...Try living for someone. Through it all-good, bad, thick, thin, joy, suffering. That's the hard thing.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I hate fate. I don’t believe in her. Unfortunately, I think the bitch believes in me.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I don't have any idea what to wear anymore, so I tried to cover all bases."
"Try skin."
"Little chilly for that."
We looked at each other across the coffee table.
His eyes didn't say, I'd heat you up, and mine didn't say What are you waiting for? He didn't reply, Fuck if I'm making the first move, so I was careful not to say, I wish you would, because I can't, because I'm... and he didn't snap ...choking on your pride?!
"As if you aren't."
"Excuse me?"
"Really Barrons," I said drily. "I'm not the only one who didn't just not have that conversation, and you know it."
There was the faint, sexy lift of his lip. "You're a piece of work, Ms. Lane."
"Right back at you.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I didn’t ask. Some things are better left unsaid.
He looked at me and I shivered. I never get enough of him.
Never will.
He lives.
I breathe.
I want. Him. Always.
Fire to my ice. Ice to my fever.
Later we would go to bed, and when he rose over me, dark and vast and eternal, I’d know joy.”

Karen Marie Moning
“God Said: Let there be light!
I said: Say please.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I know part of what turns me on so hard, makes me so violent with lust, is that he's dangerous. I fell for the bad guy. I'm crazy about the one who's trouble. The alpha that doesn't play well with others and doesn't take orders from anyone.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Stop staring at my dick," he growled.

Oh, yes it was definitely an illusion. "Barrons loved me staring at his dick,"I informed it. "he would have been happy if I'd stared at his dick all day long, composing odes to its perfection.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Hope strengthens. Fear kills.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Ancient eyes had stared at me, filled with ancient grief. And something more. Something so alien and unexpected that I'd almost burst into tears. I'd seen many things in his eyes in the time that I'd known him: lust, amusement, sympathy, mockery, caution, fury. But I had never seen this.

Hope. Jericho Barrons had hope, and I was the reason for it.

I would never forget his smile. It had illuminated him from the inside out.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Don't leave me, Rainbow Girl."
Rainbow Girl. Was that who I was?
It seemed so long ago. I smiled faintly. "Remember the skirt I wore to Mallucé's the night you told me to dress Goth?"
"It's upstairs in your closet. Never throw it away. It looked like a wet dream on you.”

Karen Marie Moning
“He's trying not to laugh. I tell him I would have doomed mankind for him, and he's trying not to laugh.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I'm not good, Mac. Never have been.'
What-true confession time? my eyes tease. Don't need it.
'I want what I want and I take it.'
Is he warning me? What could he possibly threaten me with now?
'There's nothing I can't live with. Only things I won't live without.”

Karen Marie Moning
“If I'm a little girl, then that makes you a serious pervert.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Christian : You two gonna stand there fucking each other with your eyes all night, or can we get on with it ?”

01/22/2011 page 86
17.0% ""My monster rattles its cage. Violently." ... YES!"
01/22/2011 page 250
49.0% "Finally, they're making some progress on their communications skills."