♥ Sarah ♥'s Reviews > Upon the Midnight Clear

Upon the Midnight Clear by Sherrilyn Kenyon

2641924
Jun 25, 13

bookshelves: genre-paranormal-romance, characters-gods-goddesses, characters-demons, own
Read from June 16 to 18, 2013

This will be a short review because I don't have much to say about this book other than that it's my least favorite Dark-Hunter book so far and also the shortest by far. It's just under 300 pages, but the font size is so much larger than a typical Dark-Hunter book that it would probably only be about 150 pages in a normal font size.

It's not a bad story -- it's kind of a play on the classic Scrooge story. But it was just so short that nothing was built up. The characters, relationship, sexual tension, and story -- everything just didn't have enough page time to grab me. It really probably should've just gone into an anthology as a short story because it felt like a filler book. There really wasn't even any mention of the core story around Acheron going on.

Aside from it being short I'm just not a fan of the Dream-Hunters in this world. They're just not very compelling to me.

I did give this three stars instead of two because it's still an okay story and also because we get a short story called Holiday Gatherings at the end of it that gives some glimpses into the lives of our favorite characters around the holidays, including Acheron. I liked this so it upped my rating a bit.

Overall definitely not a strong representation of the Dark-Hunter series. If I didn't already know that the books to come have significantly higher ratings than this, it would probably have discouraged me from continuing the series. Thankfully I do know that this is just a bump in the road. If you're reading the series too you can probably even skip this book. I'm a sucker for reading a series in order even if the stories aren't directly related to each other. But in this case it really is pretty separate from the rest of the Dark-Hunter world.

More of my reviews at I'm Loving ♥ Books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Upon the Midnight Clear.