♥ Sarah ♥'s Reviews > Tempt Me at Twilight

2641924
Feb 24, 12

bookshelves: genre-historical-romance
Read from February 11 to 13, 2012

I definitely really enjoyed the third book in the Hathaway series, Tempt Me at Twilight. Poppy immediately captured me, which is good because I feel like we didn't get to really know her all that much in her sisters' books. So I was glad that I really liked her. Like her sisters, she spunky yet caring.

Harry I had trouble liking at first. Given the circumstances, he definitely had to work his way into Poppy's (and my) heart. But he managed to, despite my initial hesitations, win me over. It was a different kind of romance read since him and Poppy marry earlier in the book and the entire book is more about growing to love each other as opposed to falling madly in love and then getting married at the end of the book. It made for an interesting change from usual though.

It wasn't my favorite book in the series, but that's tough one to beat since I'm a big Win/Kev fan. But I still couldn't put the book down and I'm really happy I decided to continue the series after not being so sure if I would.

Then, there's the ending. I don't think I've ever read a historical romance that left off with a cliffhanger, but this one does! It leads right into Leo's story, and I so would go right into his book if I didn't have other books I need to read first. It's a good and bad thing. I'm happy to be excited and eager about the next book, but *shakes fist* I hate you cliffhangers! :)

Overall this is still a fun and sweet series about a family of misfits who despite not being able to fit into London society, are probably all the better for it. If you're a fan of historical romance, then this is a series you'll definitely want to pick up. You'll be charmed, wooed, and all of the above.

More of my reviews at I'm Loving ♥ Books.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempt Me at Twilight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Hey Sarah, how you doing?

Are you doing a reread of the Hathaways, or is this your first read?

♥ Sarah ♥ Hey Suz! I'm doing pretty good. I've been so away from Goodreads lately it's crazy. Mostly just cause blogging is taking up all my non-reading time. haha I miss it though! I wish there were more hours in the day. :-P How have you been though?

And it's my first read. I read the first book like a year ago and then I just never got back to reading them again until recently.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Bloging does take up a lot of time, but it is fun :) I love your bblo though it is so good. I have been good, am off work sick at the moment, so I have looooads of time on my hands!

How are you liking this one? Is it Harry and Poppy this one? I can't remember!

♥ Sarah ♥ It is lots of fun, and thanks! I love your guys' too. :)

Ohh I'm sorry you've been sick, but time off is nice too. lol It's just better if you've pretending to be sick as opposed to really sick. haha

I'm liking it so far. Yes, it's about Harry and Poppy. It's definitely different that they're getting married early in the book before falling in love though. :-P