Nancy's Reviews > Ghouls, Ghouls, Ghouls

Ghouls, Ghouls, Ghouls by Victoria Laurie

Apr 18, 11

Read from January 14 to 19, 2011

For goodness sake, give Gilley a Scooby Snack and call it a day.

I really had high hopes for this book since Victoria Laurie seemed to have broken away from the Scooby Doo feel with her last book Ghouls Gone Wild. But I got my hopes up too soon. This book was little more than Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle. Unfortunately, we have all seen this episode before.

When Daphne, oops I mean MJ Holidays is called out to investigate a haunted castle in Ireland as part of a new episode of her Ghoul Getters show she brings her friends, including the recurring Gilley, a character that will forever be burned into my mind as Shaggy.

Not only are they expected to find a supposed treasure, but there is a phantom that blocks their way. Not just any phantom, this is an imported phantom that was brought to this location in a medallion that has somehow lost its stopper. Now think I Dream of Jeannie – phantom style. It is up to MJ and her intuitive abilities to track down the gold, send the phantom back to the medallion, find a missing producer, trap a kidnapper and last but not least find enough food so Gilley will stop whining.

Sounds like a taunting ordeal, but hey, we have all seen this show before, sometime back in the 70’s when we were sitting in our beanbag chairs drinking Ovaltine.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghouls, Ghouls, Ghouls.