Kt's Reviews > The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Jan 20, 11

bookshelves: received-for-review, hardcopy
Read in January, 2011

Before Meghan even has a second to breathe, trouble strikes again. The iron fey are after her even though both her and Ash are exiled from the Nevernever. They thought they had left that world behind them. In this book they not only return, but are thrust right into the midst of extreme danger, where they quickly realize that Meghan is the Nevernever's last hope for survival. She is the only one who can withstand iron's cruel effects, so it is up to her to once again destroy the Iron King and stop the spread of the Iron Realm's poisons. It's an impossible task, but if anyone can do it, it would be Meghan for she harnesses both Iron and Summer Glamour, and has the determination to face anything that endangers the ones she loves.

The amount of personal growth Meghan's character did from the first book into the second is nothing in comparison to just how much she matured in this one. She is no longer content to sit on the sidelines and be protected by others. If there is danger, she steps right up and fights along side her allies. She has gone from being the liability of the group to one of its strongest members. I find her determination to always do the right thing no matter the consequences extremely admirable, as well as her unflinching devotion to anyone she cares about.

This book was jammed packed with so many emotions, fear, anger, betrayal, love, hate, misery, hope, the list could go on and on. The amazing thing was that I felt each and every emotion right along with the character. I was so far sucked in, that it all just felt so real. Even though the love triangle was still somewhat in effect in this book, its importance seemed much less. The resolution was very realistic, and I think it had the best possible outcome for all parties involved. As a certain character says, "Some of us have been around long enough to know when to let go."

I was completely caught off guard by the cliffhanger ending since I thought this was a trilogy. I panicked at first until I read a little further and saw that there will be a new book coming out from Ash's perspective. Even though the ending makes me desperate to find out what happens, this new gave me a little relief to know that we won't be kept hanging forever. All in all, if you enjoyed the first two books, then you will love this one. Make sure to pick it up as soon as possible. And if you haven't checked out this series yet, well what are you waiting for? You won't be disappointed.

(Received via Netgalley)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Queen.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie (new) - added it

Kristie Looks like this is a good series. I will definitely be reading it.