M/Ðɑηηɑ's Reviews > Infidel

Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali

F 50x66

Quite interesting and gripping from the very first chapter.
Ayaan describes well her life, she doesn't try to beautify her past, nor her expectations about the future. She is so humble, honest and her writing pleasantly reveal a woman who knows who she is and what she wants. She is not afraid to doubt what she was told, from the very moment of her birth, was true and correct. She has to find out the truth for herself and by herself, and this courage, this brilliance in a time and in a place where men rule everything, even the sacred temple of god - she is an only woman who dares.
Dares. A strong word, a courageous word. Only a few dare to do what other failed at - or have not done at all. Ayaan is sincerely one of these few and I wish she could knew how much I appreciate her. I wish she'd known that she is admired and that women look up to her.
I have recommended this book a couple of time before, and not once did the person say "wow". This might be considered as a life-changing book. Well, I still question that description, but certainly I am to tell that the ideas in the book will not let go of you, unless you completely internalize them.
This is an important book to read, definitely. I hope you'd enjoy it!
Ayaan Hirsi Ali is simply one of my role models these days.

An amazing story of a women surviving in a men's brutal Muslim world. Unbelievable!
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infidel.

Mina Soare I looked up "Desert Flower" and it turns out there are many books with this title. Could you please give me the name of the author?

message 2: by M/Ðɑηηɑ (last edited Apr 04, 2012 03:09AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

M/Ðɑηηɑ I will link the book to you.
There it is -
the true story of Waris Diri, a model with such a beautiful, cruel past. Who knew?

message 3: by Werner (new)

Werner Danna, I'm trying hard right now not to add any more books to my already-bloated to-read shelf --but I've just added this one anyway!

M/Ðɑηηɑ It's a really really good book! I am not sure how you'd enjoy it, but please let me know.

message 5: by Werner (new)

Werner Whenever I read it, I'll post a review here on Goodreads. When that will be is anybody's guess, though! With all the books already on my to-read shelf, I estimate that I'll have to insist on living to be at least 100 in order to read all of them. :-)