Anna's Reviews > The False Princess

The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal

Mar 31, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, read-2011, ya, favourite
Read from March 20 to 21, 2011

Review originally posted at http://bookstobrightenyourmood.blogsp...

What an incredible,fantastic and totally engrossing fairy tale The False Princess is!Honestly,I just couldn't put the book down,while the whole time I felt that I was living myself in this wonderful world!

I can't even remember how many years have passed dince I last read something even close to a fairy tale.Though I loved them as a child and still have a soft spot for those kind of stories,it's been years since I read one!Surely,I never lose a chance to watch a Disney classic,but a fairy tale for older kids was something I haven't tried yet!
And The False Princess was the perfect choice for me to make the start!

Eilis O' Neal writes brilliantly!All the world she created,with the princesses,the magic and the contant twists and turns in the story,made it totally impossible for me to put this book down.I may be slept deprieved,but this book actually deserved it!
Everything in this story is woven brilliantly and the outcome is an irresistible book.
From Sinda and Kiernan,the main protagonists,to all those plots woven around the kingdom and the throne,The False Princess is a book that will keep you focused the whole time!
It's a multi-layered (for lack of a better word!) book,that follows Sinda a.k.a. the false princess,first through her life in the castle,later,struggling to cope with the new parameters in her life while living with her aunt,then,trying to become the better she could along with a bit eccentric witch and finally on her tries to unfold a terrible plot against the throne.It's safe to say,that after finishing this book I kind of felt that I had read 3 books instead of one,but I wasn't tired of it a bit!

Sinda's character is among my favorites!Although she started as a girl who thought had everything set in her life and she almost come off at times with no will to struggle she ended up by the end of the book,strong minded and ready to give even her own life for what she thought was right and just!The character development in her case was quite impressive!Kiernan on the other hand is... just amazing!The perfect mate for Sinda and their romance is slow going and when it does bloom,all the more worthy!
Apart from the main characters,O' Neal manages to create a set of interesting and well developed side characters!

As for the plot,is a total page turner!I really don't want to say many about it for fear of revealing anything because believe me,what makes this story so good are the constant twists!

All in all,The False Princess is a book I honestly recommend to everyone!It's a fairy tale that will charm younger as well as older reading audiences!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The False Princess.

03/21/2011 page 209

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Isolde geia sou Anna!!! thelw para polu na to diabasw auto to biblio edw kai kairo.einai toso kalo e?

Anna Einai teleio!De mporousa na to afisw katw me tpt!Paramithaki alla poli kalo!