Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > Shakespeare's Trollop

Shakespeare's Trollop by Charlaine Harris

Jan 29, 11

bookshelves: mystery
Read from January 28 to 30, 2011 — I own a copy

This is the fourth book in The Lily Bard Mysteries Omnibus, and I once again really enjoyed it. This series is very cool. I really like Lily. She's not your conventional heroine and doesn't hide her flaws, or sugarcoats how she really feels. Although, I have to say that there's been a huge change in her attitude towards other people since the first book... which is awesome. Character growth is always an awesome thing. :)

Deedra Dean enjoys the company of men. A lot of different men. She lives in the apartment block next to Lily's house, and Lily's been cleaning for her for several years now. So when Lily stumbles on Deedra's naked corpse abandoned inside her car, she's not as surprised as she should be. A woman who spread herself around to so many was bound to eventually get herself in trouble, right?

That's exactly what everyone assumes, including Lily. But while helping Deedra's mother clean out the apartment, and then later saving an old man (she doesn't particularly like) from dying inside his burning house, Lily slowly starts to uncover some peculiar family ties leading to a secret that changes everything she's assumed about the murdered woman.

In this installment, Lily also finds herself tempted by another. Having a long distance relationship with Jack--since he lives somewhere else and is constantly travelling for work--is starting to shake the happiness she feels the few times they are together.

Shakespeare's Trollop is another little gem of a mystery. I love that Lily's the kind of person who prefers to blend into the background but finds herself caught in the middle of everything, every single time. She's quite good at sorting through the evidence and facts, solving most of the crimes she witnesses before anyone else has all the pieces put together.

I'm loving this series. And now that I only have one book left in this omnibus, I'm both excited and sad. Excited because I know it's the last in the series and I can't wait to see how Lily's adventures are going to end, but sad because it'll be over.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shakespeare's Trollop.