Lauren's Reviews > The Search

The Search by Nora Roberts

May 05, 11

bookshelves: romantic-suspense, serial-killers, fbi-agents, small-town
Read from April 05 to 09, 2011

The Search by Nora Roberts
4 Stars

Synopsis:
Fiona Bristow trains search and rescue dogs, and is the only survivor of the Red Scarf Killer. Now, just as her life has taken a new romantic turn with sexy wood artist, Simon Doyle, Fiona has become the target of her tormentor’s apprentice. Can she outwit this vicious murderer and save his latest victim, or will she perish in the attempt?

Review:
Nora Roberts is a gifted storyteller and this is no exception. The witty banter between her characters is particularly enjoyable, although I must say that Simon’s brusqueness takes some getting used to. Nevertheless, his chemistry with Fiona is potent and their relationship develops in an engaging way.
The serial killer plot is where the tale takes a troublesome turn. To begin with, his identity is revealed far to early and I prefer following clues and figuring it out for myself. Second, his motivations are indistinct and poorly detailed, and finally, despite the excellent build up of tension throughout the book, the conclusion is disappointing and anti-climactic.
Recommendation: These faults reflect my own personal peeves and that said, this is a highly entertaining read for fans and newbies alike.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Search.