Jamie's Reviews > The Gunslinger

The Gunslinger by Stephen King

Oct 24, 11

bookshelves: e-book
Read from October 05 to 09, 2011, read count: 1

I have no idea what made me pick up this book and read it. It's not really in my genre (I will have nothing to do with westerns, thank you very much) not have I ever read, or had the inclination to read, Stephen King.

But here I am, weeks later, with this book sitting on my read list.

I felt this book was a great beginning to something... great, for lack of a better word. The whole thing felt like it was building up to something, but I don't think I quite understood what was fully going on. I have the tendancy to see through the important things in heavy book and then I get to the end feeling as if I missed something. I felt I missed a lot of somethings in this book (view spoiler), but I still rather liked it, and I think there should be greater things to come.

I probably won't jump into the second book right away, but I definitely have plans of reading it relatively soonish.

As a side note, I liked Kings writing and may venture into some of his other book soon as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gunslinger.

message 1: by Lou (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lou Great you now official on the search for The Dark Tower.

Jamie Haha... I feel like I might regret starting this series (based upon how long it will take to finish it :P ).