Sri's Reviews > The Full Cupboard of Life

The Full Cupboard of Life by Alexander McCall Smith

May 11, 08

bookshelves: serial, fiction
Recommended for: Traditional ladies :)
Read in May, 2008

In this volume, Mma Potokwane really really really made me upset. I don't like bossy people basically. And I didn't like the way she took advantage of Mr Matekoni, my favorite character. A man so kind hearted, so gentle... A man who couldn't say no. And what she did in this volume was just too much :(. Poor poor Mr Matekoni. Thank God Mma Ramotswe could save him.

In the end I should thank her though. It was because of her that Mr Matekoni and Mma Ramotswe were no longer engaged. Yes, they got married! Oops, do I give a spoiler here? But I also read the same information here, in a review at Goodreads! And thank God I read that review. I might stop reading otherwise, since I got bored by the middle of the book. Believe me it's not the fact that they eventually married that'll surprise you but when, where, and how. And you will not find it out till the very end.

Still, for me there's one annoying thing, one unsolved mystery: who was Mr Handsome and who wrote the letter to Mr Handsome? When I read this particular part, I was pretty convinced that the secret admirer was Mma Holonga and Mr Handsome was Mr Matekoni... but after I got to the ending, I knew I made a wrong guess :( and I wonder if there would be a further explanation in book #6.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Full Cupboard of Life.

Nadya Ini buku ke-5 yak? dapet di mana sih? aku baru punya sampe yang morality. nyari sambungannya yang laen gak ketemu.

message 2: by Sri (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sri Ada yang berbaik hati... :D. Ntar kukirim message ke kamu.