Nolan's Reviews > God Grew Tired of Us: A Memoir

God Grew Tired of Us by John Bul Dau

Feb 27, 11

Read in January, 2011

"I did not say so at the time, but I felt one more thing above all others. It was a private thing, so I did not share it. But I felt, very strongly, the grace of God. I can take no credit for it; grace is not something anyone can earn. Rather, grace opened before me like the door, and I walked through it. I knew I had been blessed. How else could anyone explain the impossible odds I had overcome- the dangers, the miles, the despair. God had not forgotten me after all."- John Bul Dau "The lost boy of Sudan."

This book was very heart warming and will really get you to think about how blessed you are for what you do have. This book is about John, also known as the lost boy of sudan, who's village is blown up my muslim militia. John at age 11 now has to make a life out of nothing. He runs and runs for years, running into trouble and hell as a refugee. He is trying to make it to America to finally be free.

I recommend this book 100 percent to everyone. It shows peace, dignity, honor, faith, and respect. All these are some of the characteristics of John. READ THIS BOOK!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God Grew Tired of Us.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lamec (new)

Lamec Mariita A really inspiring and touching story. Surely, when life gets tough, you have to become tougher, life’s never going to be easy on anyone. And compassion, humility, pride and courage are unarguably the values that will help you overcome any hurdle in life. John Bul Dau faced unimaginable challenges which molded him to become strong and rock solid. 17 cents and a dream