Samantha's Reviews > The Good Good Pig: The Extraordinary Life of Christopher Hogwood

The Good Good Pig by Sy Montgomery

Jan 13, 2011

Read in January, 2011

I fell in love and I laughed and I cried; all within 250 pages. This is the story of Christopher Hogwood--no, not the composer, a Hancock, New Hampshire sickly piglet who became a treasured friend and family member and celebrity bringing together family, friends and a community, as neighbors would bring him home from his unauthorized walks, neighbors and friends would come over with their bountiful delicious leftovers (no citrus, no onions...Christopher had a very discerning palate) and, then, there was Pig Spa...a tradition unlike any other. Christopher was able to teach lessons about appreciating the little things: the beauty of a spring day, the green of the Earth, the value of community and coming together and self-acceptance. Beautiful writing by Sy Montgomery. The second of her books I've read and I want to read the rest. She is an incredibly gifted writer and I look forward to many more volumes of her literature. Totally in love with Christopher Hogwood!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Good Good Pig.