Holly's Reviews > Thorn Queen

Thorn Queen by Richelle Mead

Jan 31, 11

bookshelves: fairies, series, witches_magic, paranormal-romance
Read from January 29 to 31, 2011, read count: 1

Richelle Mead is officially my favorite author. Of course, I knew that when I started getting hooked on Vampire Academy. But now that I've got my fingers on all her series, I'm stuck like glue (you and me baby, we're stuck like glue. whoa whoa, stuck like glue.) Sugarland. Gotta love them.

Anyway, I would have given this book 5 stars, save the fact that my favorite suitor of Eugenie's *cough* Dorian *cough* is barely in the picture. Eugenie's head over heels for Kiyo, who's alright, but not Dorian. I was quite happy with the CENSORED FOR SPOILERS at the end. So, more Dorian and less Kiyo would make me very happy.

I think this is the first series I've read where I've fought for the corner of the triangle that appears to be the underdog. Like Jacob to Bella. I liked Jake as a person, but not for Bella. I can see now why those Team Jacob fans are so rabid about it. Huh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thorn Queen.

Quotes Holly Liked

Richelle Mead
“The only way to lose a kingdom is if your power drops or..well, if you're killed."
"I'm sure Volusian would love to help with that."
My minion walked near me, needing no horse to move swiftly. Upon hearing his name, he said, "I would perform the deed with great relish and much suffering on your part, mistress."
"You can't put a price on that kind of loyalty," I told Kiyo.”
Richelle Mead, Thorn Queen

Richelle Mead
“I had a few other things on my mind. Like if it was going to rain every time I got aroused. That was not cool. I guessed I could handle it so long as it rained other times as well. I didn’t want the connection to be so obvious. Hey, it’s raining! The queen must have gotten laid. Ooh…is that hail? Must have been into some kinky shit today.”
Richelle Mead, Thorn Queen