Ezmirelda's Reviews > The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: can-t-wait, must-read
Read from May 31 to June 07, 2011

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer Hodkin manages to weave a story that’ll leave you pondering it long after you’ve read the last word.

Mara wakes up disoriented in a hospital with no recollection how she got there. She survived the accident, but her friends hadn’t been so lucky. Since that day she’s been having flashbacks and nightmares. In an attempt to stop her from reliving the past Mara and her family move to Miami Florida.

I really loved the fast pace and fluidity of Michelle’s writing. She knew how to set the scene and pull the readers in. Her ability to create tension and suspense became more and more evident as the book progressed, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Noah was completely swoon-worthy! His cocky, bad boy persona had me eagerly turning the pages. I loved Mara’s friend, Jamie—whose funny uplifting personality made me smile. And I loved how Mara and Noah’s relationship developed over time, rather than starting spontaneously like in recent books I have read.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is a compelling page-turner that you do not want to miss. The book comes out this September.

Ratings:

Plot: ★ ★ ★ ★
Characters: ★ ★ ★ ★
Writing:★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Originality: ★ ★ ★
There were some parts of the book that reminded me a lot of The Body Finder.
Cover: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I know they say never to judge a book by its cover but gosh, this cover is beautiful! It really caught my eye. I also want to point out that the cover is kind of misleading. In case any of you guys were wondering; no, this book has nothing to do with a rape victim.

Overall:
★ ★ ★ ★

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.