Yesenia's Reviews > At First Sight

At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks

F_50x66
Jan 13, 11

** spoiler alert ** At first I thought it was kind of boring, but then after like the second chapter I liked it. I recommend this book to anybody that loves to read about romance! This book made me feel like crying about three times while I was reading it. Around the end I kind of did, embarrassing to admit but it's true! I honestly recommend any Nicholas Sparks book to people who love to read romance stories.

This book was about a man named Jeremy, who lived in the city. He wrote articles for some magazines and people loved them. He dated a couple woman and was married once to a lady named Maria. Eventually they divorced because of him, he couldn't have children. The book starts out with him having a conversation with his friend Paul. Jeremy is telling Paul that he is planning to move in with his current girlfriend Lexie, Jeremy's fiance. But Paul doesn't understand why this decision, because they had only been dating for like four months, he was telling him he was mistaking, and that he was moving to quick. After giving him a many excuses Jeremy tells him that Lexie is pregnant. The rest of the book is about the problems they go through. For instance Jeremy gets anonymous emails saying that the baby isn't his because he can't have kids. And he starts doubting her, but soon they work things out, they're living their live happily until they get the most tragic news of there lives that changes there lives forever. Lexie is about nine months pregnant, when she finds out there is something going on in her stomach. There was a problem with her placenta touching the amniotic sac. It could cause there baby to have abnormalities, or maybe even cause death. They couldn't do anything about it but wait till birth, if birth happened. Then everything goes will until birth the baby is perfectly fine, healthy newborn, but Lexie isn't..
Read the book to find out!! It's an astonishing ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At First Sight.