Jan's Reviews > One Year Alone with God: 366 Devotions on the Names of God

One Year Alone with God by Ava Pennington

Jan 13, 11

Read in January, 2010

This new title helps readers discover all the Biblical names of God, and gives you a wonderful opportunity to know God more intimately. The author is a contributing author to many Cup of Comfort books and Chicken Soup titles so she know how to capture your attention. A short examples of how the book in organized is in order. The table of contents has a chosen lists of the names of God. Each example is one page long and the first one is Glory, which has symbols by it to indicate whether the devotional is focusing on looking ^up^ >in< or . The title is “Are you ready?” followed by the OT Exodus 33:12-23 and NT I Chronicles 16:29. This is followed by 4 short paragraphs, a one sentence prayer and one or two questions to reflect on. There are 3 pages devoted to Glory. Then at the back of the book is an alphabetical listing if you are looking for one attribute in particular, like Encourager. This is followed by a Scripture Index, which I found to be very helpful. I was doing a Revelation study so I found a list of 29 references. This volume is an helpful devotional without personal examples. All devotions are totally Biblical, no cute stories.

Some of the 122 names of God that are examined to reveal some of his character, include
“ Creator God” “Lawgiver” “Consuming fire”
“ The Lord who Heals” “Vinedresser” “ Worthy”
“ Guardian” “ Victorious”

It is an attractive book, but more to be owned by a person then a library. It would make a good gift.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Year Alone with God.