Mina's Reviews > Crossed

F 50x66
Apr 20, 2012

bookshelves: dystopian, young-adult, 2011, for-review
Read in January, 2012

Crossed was much better than I expected. I wasn't planning on reading it at first as I enjoyed reading Matched but not as much. With Crossed, it's a whole new story. I really enjoyed reading it. Condie really uped her game, giving us with something fresh, interesting and engaging.

We're at where Macthed left off. With Cassia journeying to the outer provinces whilst Ky is taken by the society. As you can expect, the chapters are alternated between Cassia and Ky. With them both craving for each others presence alongside them and going through adventures of their own. Oh, I just really really liked it.

We get to see a lot more from Ky. When reading Matched I never really connected much with Ky and as a character, I never did like him much. I don't know. He came off quite weird? Well, to me anyways. Though, in Crossed my views changed as we get to see more of him and his feelings as well.

I didn't think Ky was right for Cassia. I was always with Xander through Matched anyways. But, here's the thing. In Crossed, we get to see more of Xander. Which leads to my other point in which, can Xander be trusted? He's quite different now and I don't know what to make of his actions.

Now, I'm torn between the two. Pretty much how Cassia is at the moment. In one prospect, I do blame her, she chooses Ky but then she's confused with everything that's happened with Xander. Good luck on that one!

In the bigger picture, a lot does happens in Crossed. New characters are introduced as to be expected and the events are really developing. What I like best. Ohh now I can't wait to read Reached!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossed.