Marion Katrina's Reviews > The Little Prince

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Jan 18, 11

bookshelves: read-me-favourites, judgement-day
Read from January 17 to 18, 2011

A charming little allegory about the human condition. Simple and sweet, The Little Prince invites us to walk hand in hand with the child within and reveals the true beauty of life. You will smile when you see the stars and little bells will tinkle soft whispers and echoed laughter in your ear. Just lovely.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Little Prince.

Quotes Marion Liked

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
“People where you live," the little prince said, "grow five thousand roses in one garden... yet they don't find what they're looking for...

They don't find it," I answered.

And yet what they're looking for could be found in a single rose, or a little water..."

Of course," I answered.

And the little prince added, "But eyes are blind. You have to look with the heart.”

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
“You - you alone will have the stars as no one else has them...In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night...You - only you - will have stars that can laugh.”
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, El Principito

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
“A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.”

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
“All men have stars, but they are not the same things for different people. For some, who are travelers, the stars are guides. For others they are no more than little lights in the sky. For others, who are scholars, they are problems... But all these stars are silent. You-You alone will have stars as no one else has them... In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night..You, only you, will have stars that can laugh! And when your sorrow is comforted (time soothes all sorrows) you will be content that you have known me... You will always be my friend. You will want to laugh with me. And you will sometimes open your window, so, for that pleasure... It will be as if, in place of the stars, I had given you a great number of little bells that knew how to laugh”