Aparajitabasu's Reviews > Eldest

Eldest by Christopher Paolini
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eldest.

Quotes Aparajitabasu Liked

Christopher Paolini
“Live in the present, remember the past, and fear not the future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now.”

Christopher Paolini
“Wise? No, I simply learned to think.”

Christopher Paolini
“Life is both pain and pleasure. If this is the price you must pay for the hours you enjoy, is it too much?”

Christopher Paolini
“....avoid roasted cabbage, do not eat earwax, and look on the bright side of life!"
-Angela”

Christopher Paolini
“Those whom we most love are often the most alien to us.”

Christopher Paolini
“Shall we dance,friend of my heart?"

We shall, little one.”

Christopher Paolini
“I think it would dismay them to know what it takes to feed you. Not to mention that you could empty their cellars of beer and wine in a single night.' Eragon said.
I would never, Saphira sniffed. Maybe in two nights.

Christopher Paolini
“Half way down, he encountered Saphira, who had jammed her head and neck as far up the stair as she could, gouging the wood in her frenzy.
Little one. She flicked out her tongue and caught him on the hand with its rough tip. He smiled. Then she arched her neck and tried to pull back, but to no avail.
What's wrong?
I'm stuck.
You're... He could not help it;he laughed even though it hurt. The situation was too absurd.”

Christopher Paolini
“Only if you are afraid of looking foolish, and I would have looked far more foolish if I persisted with an erroneous belief.' Eragon said.
Why, little one, you just said something wise!'Saphira teased.”

Christopher Paolini
“The songs of the dead are the lamentations of the living.”