Jennifer's Reviews > Something is Out There

Something is Out There by Richard Bausch

Sep 21, 14

bookshelves: did-not-finish

I will start by saying that generally I am not a fan of short stories from ones I have read in the past. However, I wanted to give them another try and the blurb on the book cover seemed interesting. Well six weeks later I was only half way through the book and finally just said forget it. In theory, the stories have good potential, but since they are short stories they never go anywhere. Just as I would get into them, they would end. And it's not like the endings were good so that you could feel like it had been resolved. The last story I read was the title story and it ended basically saying "she was ready for whatever might come of that night, without knowing whether it would be good, bad, etc." If she's just waiting to see what will become of the night, why not finish out the story for the night? The only story I enjoyed was the infidelity one and that's because that one seemed to have a good starting and ending point with a good amount of the story in between. All the others were just left hanging. From my point of view, what a waste of time to write a story if you're not even going to attempt to finish it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something is Out There.

07/09 marked as: did-not-finish