Alicia's Reviews > Tiger's Curse

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

Jan 12, 2011

bookshelves: ya, series
Read in October, 2011

Okay, to start off with, this is definately a YA book. Now putting that aside. I thoroughly enjoyed this! It is such a sweet love story with some adventure and mystery. I would give it 4 1/2 stars. (It isn't 5 because I picked up all the errors in the editing.)

Now, I know a lot of you out there have a thing against the Twilight series, but for most everyone that has read it there is almost always the same underlying response. Whether you liked the story or not it was definately a series you couldn't put down. Well, there was quite a bit of that same response for me with Colleen Houck's writing. I didn't want to put it down until I had finished. It thouroughly drew me in. And when I had finished then I jumped online to find out about the rest of the books. Now, I get after myself because I absolutely HATE series that aren't finished. I hate to be left waiting! Pet peeve of mine & all. (whine, whine. I know, I am waay too impatient when it comes to books. I like to finish everything up & smile when I finish and continue on with my real life!) But I was really curious about this one and started reading it anyway. Now I am stuck waiting for the last 3 books to be published. :)
Okay, to continue with my review.
This is her debut novel. She writes really well for it being her first book, & originally published as an ebook too. I have a feeling as she continues to write that her books will be fantastic.
For the last few years I have become fascinated by India and the surrounding areas. I know so little about the culture. It is quite intriguing. It is such a different culture from everything I know. And because I know so little about India I hope that her research is correct.
I enjoyed how she weaved together the relationships with the mythology and the adventure. It was fun. And where I know next to nothing about the mythology I had to wait for it to unwind, instead of guessing how it could play out.
Now I am off to go track down Book #2!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger's Curse.