Julie's Reviews > Silver is for Secrets

liked it
bookshelves: 2011, ebook, paranormal, young-adult
Recommended to Julie by: I read the previous two books
Read on January 13, 2011 , read count: 1

Here we are yet again, watching as young witch Stacey Brown suffers through nightmare precognitions with icky side effects. Honestly, the nosebleeds are probably the least gross so far.

Again, the various characters behave in ridiculously immature and selfish ways (and do I really need to hear about someone picking a wedgie in EVERY volume?) that keep me from liking them all that much. In addition, there are (as usual) several possible outcomes of who the real baddies could be, so I find that I am distancing myself from the characters as I read, in order to not get too attached to anyone. All of this means that I don't get very involved in the story.

As for excitement, the author does have that down. The action scenes are pretty attention-grabbing and the resolution of this book kept my attention (even though the major baddie was kinda predictable).

I feel compelled to state that this book is one giant advertisement for how not to parent your children. A group of barely-out-of-high-school teenagers is allowed to spend an entire summer living in a co-ed beach house with their various significant others, not to mention that a frat house is running a booze cruise which allows 18-year-olds to attend? I guess the frat got in trouble for that in the end, but where are these kids' parents??? Unbelievable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver is for Secrets.