Alison Ng's Reviews > Other

Other by Karen Kincy

Jan 12, 2011

Let’s just say I kinda know what a book is going to be breathtaking. I get really excited about reading it and I can’t stop thinking about it once I start. Other was one of those books that I started obsessing over. And when I start obsessing, it gets intense.

Gwen has one heck of a personality. She’s strong, emotional, crazy and nervous. The person she is makes me want to be like her because of the way she handles situations and stands up for certain things. Her character is well rounded because of the many different sides we see.

Zack and Tavian are another story. Although they are very different, they both care for Gwen in sweet ways. Tavian’s character is pretty awesome though, just saying! To me, he made the book more lively and humorous. And to me, he’s pretty gorgeous. Zack has some secrets of his own, and I have to admit I wasn’t too fond of him for part of the book.

One of the things I really liked about this book was the way the characters spoke. They used certain words and slang that teens constantly use. Having them talk the same way my friend’s and I do brought me into the story more.

The plot is original and creative. Honestly, it was one of few books that I could not guess what was going to happen or who the enemy was. No part of this book bored me and it ran in a smooth pace. I dare you to go and pick this book up right now!

Rating: 5/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Other.