Brandy (aka Marsden)'s Reviews > Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells

719258
Sep 13, 13

My mother and her Ya-Ya’s were called the sisters of Beta Sigma Phi sorority in Charleston S.C. I grew up on the marshes watching them swing dance, shuck oysters and throwing what always seemed like a never ending festival that celebrated life.

They did community work and supported the local theatre, but mostly they just had a good time. I grew up in the whirlwind of color and laughter that now seems only like a distant dream. Momma passed 18 years ago and I don’t think I will ever be the same. I miss her, and her Ya-Ya’s, Aunt Betty, Aunt Carol, Aunt Dolores with their respective husbands and friends in toe.

I live in New York now, not unlike Siddlee, but they are always with me especially when I revisit their split-a-parts in the tapestry of Rebecca Well’s – Divine Secret of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. If you want to know more about who I am and where I come from read this book, it explains a lot!! So pass the "bloodies" sugar, it’s time to get our panties in a knot!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.

message 1: by Matt (new)

Matt Wow that is sad. I hope you can find a life of your own doll :-)

Maria Matt, wow, what a rude thing to say. Sounds like Brandy has been having a fine time. And don't call her "doll".

Brandy (aka Marsden) Thanks Maria! I am a rockstar with an amazing life surrounded by my own Ya-Ya's! Nothing sad about any of it except clearly I don't post or look at Good Reads enough!!