Misty Rayburn's Reviews > Expectations

Expectations by Liz Borino

May 03, 12

Read in January, 2011

Expectations is the story of Chris and Matt Taylor, identical twins, who are trying to win the approval of their overbearing father and gain their trust funds. Love, money and desire collide as Matt and Chris find out what’s really important to them.

When I first encountered Expectations, I was a little hesitant about the price tag and the sample didn’t really give me enough to feel confident with the purchase. So I went and asked Liz Borino for a review copy. Now Liz is one of the first indie authors I met and I was scared to death to ask her. I’ll be totally honest, I thought she would say no. Needless to say, I was shocked when I received what would end up being my first ever review copy from an author.

Am I ever glad that I did not pass this one up! It struck a huge chord with me as a reader and I don’t normally read contemporary romance or gay-lesbian romance. The story was amazing and the characters felt real. There are very few books out there on the shelves that can really pull you out of your world and put you in the world of the book and I feel Liz did that. Because you care about the characters, the plot is that much stronger and it adds reaction value. I’m not gonna give anything away here. If you wanna know what the heck I’m talking about, go read it. You’re gonna love it and anticipate the sequel that’s coming out soon.

Thanks to Liz Borino for the review copy. It in no way influenced my review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Expectations.