Katrina's Reviews > Overprotected

Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens

Feb 20, 11

Read in January, 2011

Ashlyn: A lonely society princess living in New York City.

Daddy hired you to be my bodyguard.

Colin: Childhood enemy, now her protector.

Daddy thought I’d be safe. He thought I’d never fall in love. He thought he could keep me forever.

Charles: obsessed with keeping her safe, keeping her his, he hires the one person he knows she could never fall in love with: Colin.

Daddy was wrong.

**My Review ******************************************************************************************************
Since Discovering Jennifer Laurens in 2010 I must say I have read several of her books. The heavenly series astounding and several other titles. I have never been dissapointed !!!! I was lucky enough to have been given an arc of Overprotected and devoured it in less than 12 hrs, mind you sleep in between.

It kept me intrigued throughout, looping mystery, love and betrayal and suspense throughout this read. I was swept along with the smooth current this story offered me.
The storyline was constant, the characters well described, and the emotions reminded me of poetry - fluent and absorbing. I really enjoyed the intensity I felt with the descriptions throughout this book. Every thought and feeling described, I must say I also to fell for Ashlyns body guard Colin.

I felt every heartache, the suspense, and the anger Ashlyn felt towards her father for being so overprotective. This all will unravel throughout the story giving the Title Overprotected its real meaning.

I didn’t feel anything was missed in the book, it kept me intrigued from the moment Ashyln saw Colin and the story unveiled.

This story goes through every day life, of Ashlyn's - rich and beautiful but her confined life restricts her - due to her father’s Overprotectivness. This became about when Ashlyn was kidnapped as a child by her nanny and now her father will not let her out of his sight or a bodyguards. She gets her exctiment and thrills from reading romance novels and has no real life outside the confines of her home and everyday life.
Colin was a neighbourhood child, always nasty to Ashlyn and now he has been hired to protect and guard Ashlyn this is her worst nightmare come true.

Discoveries are made, hearts are broken and suspense is present, I am sure this will keep you intrigued from beginning to end you will experience Ashyln's life, love and her future... A great romance for all those romantics at heart.

Ok, so I’m a softy at heart!! I recommend to all who enjoy a great love story with heartfelt feelings and with an added bit of suspense and intrigue I’m sure you will enjoy this book.
Id love to see where Colin and Ashlyn's love goes but this is left open for our creativness to guess our own happy ending ;) Read it and decide for yourself..
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Overprotected.

Quotes Katrina Liked

Jennifer Laurens
“Everything you need to know about love is already inside of you...”
Jennifer Laurens, Overprotected