TinaB's Reviews > Some Girls Bite

Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill

Jan 12, 11

Read in December, 2009

Merit at first seemed to be the stereotypical girl next door and I have to admit during the first few chapters I really wasn’t looking for the “written about a thousand times” butt kicking heroine. I must say once I got sucked into the storyline I was impressed. This was my first Chloe Neill book, and I loved it! Think Underworld (laws/rankings)with humor and spicier romance. The writing was suburb and the plot was fast paced and full of everything that makes a story great!

The story opens with Merit awaking to her new life as a vampire; she was changed against her will and has a hard time through the duration of the book coming to terms with the loss of her human life. Slowly and well done, Neill begins to peel back layer after layer of Merit, who by far is one of my favorite girl characters in a vampire series. By the end of the book we know Merit is stronger and smarter than the average vampire, one of my favorite parts in the book was reading through her training sessions with Catcher, who discovers Merit’s weapon of choice: A Katana Sword. There’s a lot of background information I think this author has coming, I’m still wondering what happened in Catcher’s past, why was Merit targeted for death in the first place? Why is she so powerful, why is her father such a butt, and why is it that Merit gets to eat like a pig and not gain a pound!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Girls Bite.