Ithlilian's Reviews > Bound to Shadows

Bound to Shadows by Keri Arthur

Jan 12, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read in February, 2010

Reading Bound to Shadows reminded me of why I loved this series in the first place. The characters are multidimensional, the heroine is likable, and the mystery is compelling. So many series place character drama over plot development, and some of this series has done just that, but not so in this installment. Those of you looking for soul mate angst and Quinn drama will be sorely disappointed. Those of you, like me, who love a good plot, an exciting storyline, and a detailed mystery, will love this. The series, and this book, do have one shortcoming though. Riley seems to bounce back and forth from wanting to be only committed to Quinn to wanted to jump any good looking male in the vicinity. While I was a tad irritated with this at first, I'm used to it now, and I don't expect anything less from her. I think Riley is one of the most unique heroines that I've read in any genre. She cares about what goes on around her, she thinks about the consequences before doing anything, and feels very guilty when she messes up. It would be one thing for her to blame her wolf and not be concerned with her infidelity, but that's not the case. She is complex, and she is not perfect. Her raging hormones were once a source of irritation, but now I feel they just add to her depth. I can't wait for the ninth installment in this series, even if it is mostly character based. I've grown to love every character in this series, and I applaud Keri Arthur's ability to create such an engrossing mystery with such fully realized characters. Bound to Shadows will definitely get your blood pumping. It's full of action, mystery, suspense, and of course a large dose of steaminess. I highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound to Shadows.