Josephine Myles's Reviews > Catch Me If You Can

Catch Me If You Can by L.B. Gregg

Sep 06, 11

bookshelves: comedy, contemporary, m-m, mystery, romance

Billed as a comedy, this quirky mystery certainly made me chuckle, but it’s very much grounded in real life despite the bizarre goings on in Caesar’s world. I just loved Caesar’s character – the dutiful Italian American son at the beck and call of his grandmother and his domineering art gallery boss, struggling against a tide of events that threaten his tidy and unadventurous existence. The chemistry between him and Nick was palpable, with some wonderfully hot and kinky sex scenes where Nick persuades Caesar to let go of his control.

My only real criticism of this entertaining and sexy tale, was the identity of the villain. There are some who will be offended by this particular character being revealed as the blackmailer, but I can’t really elaborate without giving a major plot-spoiler. Suffice to say that with a large cast of quirky secondary characters, it seemed a shame to choose this particular minority character to be the criminal mastermind. Still, it won’t put me off buying the next installment in the Romano and Allbright series, and LB Gregg has definitely become an auto-buy author for me.

Highly recommended to those who enjoy quirky mysteries with characterful narrators.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catch Me If You Can.