Elizabeth's Reviews > Beyond the Body Farm: A Legendary Bone Detective Explores Murders, Mysteries, and the Revolution in Forensic Science

Beyond the Body Farm by William M. Bass

Jan 12, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read in January, 2008

Highly engrossing...I would get so absorbed in this book that I'd completely tune out everything else around me. Most people find this kind of interest morbid, but to me it is the exact opposite. Reading forensic case studies highlights for me the indelible line between living and..well, not. It makes it suddenly and strikingly clear how wonderful it is to be alive even on the worst of days, and how horribly sad it is when life is taken away.
On a more "technical" note, I tend to enjoy books where I feel like I'm being told a story unobtrusively..where I'm dropped into his/her world and can see everything with startling clarity. This book is written in that way, which is all the more remarkable for non fiction. Frequently, science writers tend to either preach at their readers or lead them around by the nose. This book is like being told a story by a master storyteller, not lectured by an arrogant professor. LOL.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond the Body Farm.