Elizabeth's Reviews > Towers of Midnight

Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan

Jan 12, 11

bookshelves: on-audible, fantasy
Read in January, 2011

I found this entry in the series very satisfying, and really enjoyed listening to it.

Brandon Sanderson is doing a great job replacing Robert Jordan as the storyteller of this series. I don't know how much credit to give him as I know much of the plot was outlined already and he is trying to mimic Jordan's writing style. Maybe I'm imagining it, but I feel the style of the writing has improved a bit in these last two installments that he has done, and that is a very good thing.

I particularly liked the more regular back and forth in character points of view in this novel than some of the earlier books had, in which you stayed for several chapters in a row with one or another of the characters. The more regular back and forth kept me more interested and engaged in each of the various storylines.

The plot is also really starting to pay off finally and it is very rewarding to see some of the plotlines come together. There were a couple of main events in this installment that have been building up over many books and years, and I felt very satisfied with the conclusions.

I'm looking forward to the next book much more than I remember doing in the past.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Towers of Midnight.