Kristina's Reviews > Tiger's Curse

1966353
Jan 12, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-debut-author
Read in January, 2011

The Tiger’s Curse is a wonderful story about a girl named Kelsey and a prince named Ren. It's the beginning of the summer and Kelsey gets a job at a traveling circus where her job is too sell tickets and souvenirs, help out with the animals and feed the beautiful, white tiger, named Dhiren. Kelsey feels drawn to the tiger and realizes he is not like animals. Believing that he can understand her, Kelsey spends more and more time with Dhiren, even nicknaming him Ren. She talks to him, reads him stories about cats, and eventually she has enough courage to pet him. One day, a mysterious Indian man, Mr. Kadam comes to the circus and purchases Ren, allowing him to go back to India. Mr. Kadam asks Kelsey to go with them and help care for the tiger. Kelsey, who has become very attached to Ren, agrees. Once in India, Kelsey finds out her beloved tiger is actually a 300 year old prince, who along with his brother, Kishan, was cursed to spend eternity as tigers. The brothers are only able to be human for twenty four minutes in every twenty four hour day. It’s up to Kelsey, with the help of Ren and Mr. Kadam, to break the curse so Ren and Kishan can be human again.

The Tiger's Curse started out slow for me, but once I was hooked I could not put it down. I fell in love with Ren. He was a great character and when he was in his tiger form, I couldn’t wait for him to be human again. Ren is everything a girl could want in a guy. He's loyal, thoughtful, sweet, funny, mysterious, brave, kind, and who could forget absolutely gorgeous! He's confident, but not arrogant, and I really enjoyed his character overall. Kelsey on the other hand bothered me a lot. While she was strong and loyal, and I loved that she was risking her life to save someone she has just met, she also pissed me off a lot. One minute she is in love with Ren, the next she's being very nasty to him and wants him to stay away from her. What she did in the end to Ren, actually made my teary-eyed.

The Tiger's Curse is a captivating, original story and deserves much praise. The second book in the saga, The Tiger’s Quest comes out in June 2011 and I can not wait!!!!

To read more of my reviews, go to my website: http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger's Curse.

01/29/2011 page 53