Toby McMillen's Reviews > The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Jan 30, 2008

If you look below, you can see how I started with this one. However, after persevering I am very glad I did. Fabulous, emotional finish. This is NOT a sci-fi book, but be warned: the time travel thing is confusing, but it sorts itself out after awhile, & the resulting read is very much worth it. Excellent book. How the author kept this story thread straight I'll never know, but I marvel at the work.

I'm about half way through this one; I really could not get into it at first, so I put it down in favor of the third book in the Titan/Wizard/Demon sci-fi trilogy by John Varley. It was, I admit, high Xmas season at the restaurant, so any written word that isn't highly escapist in orientation is not something that I can take at that time. However, I'm back at it, and quite enjoying it now.

message 1: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura I bought this one a few years ago and it's on my "need to read" shelf. Not sure why I haven't gotten to it yet.

Toby McMillen You know, I just finished it last night, and it is worth persevering. As a matter of fact, it ends up being...how shall I say it without giving anything away?...a very emotional finish. I ended up really enjoying it; it definitely picks up momentum after you finally figure out the whole time travel thing. It is very confusing at first.